Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Current Situation in Egypt

Due to ongoing demonstrations, the U.S. Department of State recommends avoiding travel to Egypt.

If you are a U.S. citizen in Egypt and require help or need assistance leaving the country, contact the U.S. embassy in Cairo by calling 1-202-501-4444 or e-mailing EgyptEmergencyUSC@state.gov. Please include your name, age, place of birth, U.S. passport number, and any special medical needs.

Family members who are concerned about American citizens in Egypt can e-mail EgyptEmergencyUSC@state.gov or call 1-888-407-4747 from the U.S. or Canada. Family members outside the U.S. or Canada should call 1-202-501-4444. Be sure to provide your name and contact numbers and as much information as possible about your family member in Egypt.

No comments: