From the U.S. Department of Commerce:
For the first time ever, the Houston metropolitan area ranked No. 1, with total exports of $110 billion (an increase of 5.6 percent over 2011). The New York City metro area ranked second with $102 billion in exports. Thirty-one of the top 50 metropolitan area exporters recorded positive growth in exports between 2011 and 2012. Twenty-nine of these areas set record export highs last year.
Among the top 25 metropolitan areas, the Washington, D.C., metro area recorded the highest growth between 2011 and 2012, increasing exports by nearly 43 percent. Other metropolitan areas that exhibited high growth in exports included San Antonio (up more than 33 percent from 2011), and Seattle (up more than 22 percent from 2011).
Top 10 Metropolitan Area
1. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
2. New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA
3. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA
4. Detroit-Warren-Livonia, MI
5. Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
6. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, FL
7. Chicago-Naperville-Joliet, IL-IN-WI
8. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
9. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
10. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI