In advance of the March 1 primaries and caucuses, the U.S. Census Bureau presents a variety of statistics that give an overall profile of each participating state’s voting-age population and industries. Statistics include:
· Voting-age population and estimate of eligible voters (i.e., citizens age 18 and older).
· Breakdown of voting-age population by race and Hispanic origin
· Selected economic characteristics, including median household income and poverty.
· Selected social characteristics, including educational attainment.
· County Business Patterns (providing information on employment by specific industries).
· Statistics on voting and registration.
Profiles are provided for the following states: