Friday, April 13, 2012

Message from Dr. Groves

With mixed emotions, I am writing to let you know that I have been asked to become the next provost of Georgetown University, and I have made the difficult decision to accept that position, beginning in late August 2012.

While I am honored by this rare personal and professional opportunity to help lead Georgetown to even greater heights than it already enjoys, I must also tell you that I am enormously proud of the work we have accomplished together over the past three years.

Together, we have begun transforming the Census Bureau to better face the challenges ahead. I am confident that the current leadership of the Census Bureau is devoted to carrying the shared vision forward — that this agency will continue to provide the key economic and social statistical information the country so deeply needs, with cost-efficient excellence. For the next four months I will do all I can to continue the innovations we have together begun.

I have been honored to work with you. You are truly a set of talented, skilled, committed folks who are working to make this a better place for future generations.

There is much to do in the coming months here at the Bureau. I look forward to working with all of you.

Bob

No comments: