In advance of the New York primary on April 19, the U.S. Census Bureau presents a variety of statistics that give an overall profile of the state’s voting-age population and industries. Statistics include:
· Breakdown of voting-age population by race and Hispanic origin (Hispanic origin and race alone) (race alone or in combination).
· Selected economic characteristics, including median household income and poverty.
· Selected social characteristics, including educational attainment.
· County Business Patterns (providing information on employment by specific industries).
· Statistics on voting and registration.