Friday, July 13, 2007

Technorati Score

This blog here has a Technorati score! Of course, the score is 1, but it's better than nothing, which some nascent blogs have.

What AM I talking about? "Currently tracking 90.9 million blogs and over 250 million pieces of tagged social media, Technorati is the recognized authority on what's happening on the World Live Web, right now." By comparison, the #1 blog, Engadget, has an authority of 30,364, the 100th most popular blog, Online Marketing Blog has an authority of 3,471, and my personal blog, Ramblin' with Roger, which in the top 250,000 (wow), has an authority of 27.

And while I'm talking technobabble, I get this weekly report about who's coming to the blog. For the first five weeks:
Week ending June 8: 75 people for an average of 4 minutes, 19 seconds each
Week ending June 15: 82 people for an average of 4:07
Week ending June 22: 87 people for an average of 5:58
Week ending June 29: 39 people for an average of 3:39
Week ending July 6: 51 people for an average of 3:14
You may have noticed there was only one post for the week ending June 29, because I was on vacation.

I'm fascinated to note that other people find this blog. For instance, last time I checked, 13 of the last 100 visitors to this site were from outside of the United States.

In any case, I'm always looking for MORE CONTENT; you know who you are. If you're feeling technologically uncomfortable with creating hyperlinks or whatnot, e-mail the data to me. I'll credit you (or not, if you prefer).

No comments: