Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Census 2010 Super Bowl Ad

In case anyone missed it. It is the second in a series of Census ads directed by Christopher Guest, who has directed several movies I have enjoyed, including Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman and A Mighty Wind.

Yet, I'm inclined to agree with one of my colleagues who said that the SB ad was "confusing, and when they ask in the end something to the effect of 'When are we counting everyone?' and they answer is left sort of out there unanswered. I know it is a spoof, but it sort of confuses the average person about what IS going on with the Census..." Maybe it beccomes clearer in the next bits.

I went to the Wall Street Journal's online poll re Super Bowl ads . It's unofficial, but telling. There were 53 ads on the program. As of yesterday at noon, the Census ad ranked 40th in the Best Ad category, and 3rd in the Worst Ad category. (Oddly, the Audi 'Green' ad was #1 in both lists.)

Other thoughts?

No comments: