Answer: Franklin Roosevelt! The Secret Service needed a car to drive President Roosevelt to Congress to make his speech on Pearl Harbor the day after the attack. The Treasury Department had impounded Al Capone's armored car years earlier, so they decided that was the safest transportation.
To celebrate President’s Day (February 16) and George Washington’s birthday (February 22), USA.gov put together a list of resources, activities, and lesson plans.
- Presidential Trivia - for younger kids
- Activity: Presidential Portraits Game
- Activity: Name the Presidents Game
- Activity: Presidential Trivia Quiz
- Lesson Plans: American Presidency
- Lesson Plan: General George Washington, Military Leader (PDF version, get Adobe reader)
Post a Comment